And is it good enough?
As a regular product photographer my usual weapon of choice is a Canon 5D MkII and being a recent convert to the iPhone 4 I was curious to find out just how good or bad the iPhone’s camera was as I’d read a lot of reviews rubbishing the camera. So what better test than to put it through its paces by shooting some Bling.
What is the answer to the ultimate question? ‘Is it good enough to present and sell jewellery online’. Let’s find out. As with any product photography a camera is only one part of the mix required to take product photos good enough to sell so, firstly let’s take you through the compact kit list.
KIT AND KABOODLE
- iPhone 4 camera
- Camera+ App from taptaptap.com
- Glif iPhone 4 tripod mount from theglif.com
- Gorillapod mini flexible tripod from local photo store.
- 2 x Angle poise lamps from local Swedish flat pack store (lamp was called ‘Tertial’)
- 2 x Daylight CFL screwmount bulbs from local photo kit store
- 2 x LED light panels from Korea Studio on ebay
- Modahaus Desktop Studio 216 (the baby in the range) from modahaus.com